Wednesday 17 September 2014

8 month update NO-POO / SHAMPHREE

Hi everyone!

8 months no shampoo ey! Awesome.

My hair is still normal, looks good and feels good. Others say my hair is thicker, healthier and slightly blonder. I guess because I see my hair everyday I can't really tell the difference and I've never  really had any hair problems so there was nothing specific for me to observe. Nonetheless I'm very happy with my hair experience. I have found a routine -which is still the same since being 4 or 5 months into it- although it varies now and then when I go a few extra days without washing it or if it desperately needs a wash - like after going to the sea.

Swimming in the sea: My hair was covered all day with a bandanna style scarf which means no wind or sand got to it. But I did put my head under water so my hair was definitely in contact with natural, salty, sea water and a bit of sun (when cotton is wet, the sun gets through). I washed my hair with shikakai and water, and conditioned it with lemon-water in the evening and it was amazing. The sea water really did something lovely to it ;-) it felt so clean.

I've noticed that the shikakai and lemon routine is great but after 5 or 6 weeks it really needs a baking-soda wash, still followed by lemon-water. The shikakai is such a light cleansing that eventually I found it needs something stronger to get rid of a certain waxyness which builds up. But as I said it's only after 5 or 6 weeks. Also I often went a whole week without washing at all if it didn't look or feel like it needed it.

I do not know, at this point, if I will ever be able to go without anything at all and rely only on water but I haven't lost hope in the idea. I'm planning on cutting down on shikakai as much as possible and doing WO as much as I can without my hair looking or feeling dirty.

For now I've basically been washing only when it needs it, which can be once or twice a week.

Thanks for reading and please leave comments or questions and I will get back to you!

Hope your journey is also going well =)

Love
Joanna

PS: I've had a minor set back this week because I got head-lice from my nephew... eek... (Read my post on how to get rid of nits on a no-poo hair-diet) I applied a lot of coconut and tea tree oil on my hair and scalp to get rid of them which means that my hair was extremely oily. It worked wonders on the nits and was so beneficial for my hair, My hair was so beautiful and luscious and soft and shiny after about a week or a week and a half. After this I went just over a week doing WO twice and without using any shikakai or anything else either..

Peace


Check out my 1 YEAR UPDATE !!


No comments:

Post a Comment